MerriTwitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, April 15, 2012

    Making Butter!

    So, how does the Wetherhold obtain butter?

    They use a six year old, a quart of fresh cream, and a trampoline!
    Butter1

    It took about 15 minutes, but the end result was fantastic!
    Butter2

    As you can see, I'm still up to crazy stuff. Unfortunately I've been too busy to blog about it. A quasi-promotion at work has me working 50+ hours a week plus I've been working out in the evenings after the girls go to bed. I'm up to eight push-ups (if Misseswether is watching)! As I enter deeper into middle-age (hint: birthday real soon) the ratio of food consumed vs. enlargement of my gut keeps tipping farther and father away from my favor. :-(

    I had been teach foraging classes just about every weekend, but I'm cutting that back to just once a month. What good is it to feed others if it denies your family time with you? My backyard needs a lot of attention, too. I'm in the process of removing all the non-edible trees and replacing them with fruit and nut trees. I should have done that ten years ago when I started, but back then I had never hear of permaculture. Oh well, live and learn!

    Adventure! Excitement! Fresh Creamy Goodness!

    4 comments:

    CoolChange©© said...

    Awesomeness!

    Anonymous said...

    I think the Family Time has to have priority. I love the idea of using Mambowether and the trampoline to make the butter!!!!!!

    Wildman800 and Laddieslady1294

    Heather said...

    I wish I could bottle the energy that goes into your butter. I'd save a fortune at the gas pump.

    Kandas - Custom Furniture Consultant said...

    This bouncing butter technique is excellent. Will try it with my Girl Scout troop. :)