Sunday, June 05, 2011

Popular.

Are you there readers, it's me, Merriwether... Sorry for such a drop in posting, I've been super-busy. Demand for my foraging classes have gone through the roof. That's incredibly fantastic, but it's reached the point where they've begun getting in the way of everything else. I ended up missing a daddy-daughter dance because they picked a date I'd already agreed to teach on. Miniwether was upset for days.

This weekend was another big weekend as I was one of the presenters at the Popular Mechanics Home Safety and Preparedness Show. It was the closest I've been to famous yet, and by famous I mean Cody Lundin!

CodyMe

I was especially excited about this presentation because Misseswether and the Wethergirls would get to watch me.
Schedule

I spoke at 12:40pm. My part of the show was telling the story of how I organized our neighborhood to get us through Hurricane's Rita and Ike. The talk was a big hit!
Schedule2


Just like church, no one wanted to sit in the front row!!

Me2
See, there were actually people watching.

There were quite a few exceptional presentations though of course most people were there to see Cody Lundin.
Cody1

Yes he was barefoot. He doesn't sugarcoat anything or shy away from rough language in his presentation, so if you do get a chance to see him think a bit before bringing younger kids...then bring the kids!! He says stuff most people really need to hear.

Along with my presentation I was interview by the Houston Chronicle, DIY-TV and a few other things. I ended up losing track. Maybe this will open some more doors for me...though I don't know where I'll find the time to walk through those doors!

Adventure! Excitement! Presentation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BRAVO !!!!

Wildman800 & Laddieslady1294