Sunday, January 30, 2011

In search of a path.

So y'all are still probably wondering what happened in Las Vegas. Short answer: not enough. I was there for three days to cover new emergency preparedness gear previewed at SHOT show 2011 for the Equipped to Survive Foundation. Most of my time was spent wandering the aisles of the Sand Convention Center looking at miles of knives, flashlights, guns, clothing, and pretty much anything else one would use in the wilds. It didn't take me long to realize looking at this stuff isn't nearly as fun as being out in the woods using this stuff.

That being said, there was a lot of cool new gear at the show. My reviews can be found here between the reviews of some of the other Equipped members.

I'm trying to remember the last overnight hike or paddle I've done without going back and looking it up in my blog. Whenever it was, it was far too long ago. I need to spend some time with a pack on my back and a path to explore in front of me.

Adventure! Excitement! Missing!

2 comments:

Lone Star Chris said...

How about tonight? Does 18 degrees work?

Oregon Mike said...

"I'm trying to remember the last overnight hike or paddle I've done without going back and looking it up in my blog. Whenever it was, it was far too long ago. I need to spend some time with a pack on my back and a path to explore in front of me."

Three cheers for adventure!!! Makes me wonder what the alligators are like with this cold weather you guys have?