Monday, July 26, 2010

Hey, an update

So yeah, things went to hell in a hand basket here lately. A medical issue tried to turn our family of four into a family of three. Things have stabilized some, but are far from normal. A new treatment has been started but it'll be a minimum of ninety days before we really will know anything and two years before it's finished.

Trying to take care of the family, work and everything while this was going on drained me to the point of coming down with walking pneumonia (hooray for antibiotic Cefdinir and prescription cough medicine with hydrocodone!). Hopefully at least I'll get over that soon.

Thank you very, very much for all your well wishes and prayers. I've been spending a lot of time down on my knees praying and knowing all y'all are there praying with me has been like being in a dark room with a bunch of wonderful candles. When my candle was feeling blown out y'all were there to relight it. I can't thank you enough for that. If we meet in person though y'all are drinking for free, my treat.

And now, to bed.

Adventure! Excitement! Hope!

14 comments:

Richard said...

Sorry to hear about the situation Merriwether.

My wife has been down with an illness for the last 9 years an it's still undiagnosed so I can imagine the stress level you're feeling right now. It's no fun but remember God is always there even in the bad times. You'll be in my prayers buddy, just hang in there and please keep us updated.

Jen said...

I know you are into the bounty of Mother Nature, but when the new-moan-ee-ah hits (and I do mean MOAN, been there...), there is nothing better than some good old synthetic codeine to help it all go comfortably numb.

Take care of yourself, babe. Still sending positive thoughts and prayers in the direction of you and yours.

Much love and hugs,

J

Jackie said...

So good to hear from you! Been worried! So you have a plan and the fortitude and support to see it through. You and family are in my thoughts and prayers...peace.

Brita said...

Copious amount of positive energy flooding your way! I am a true beleiver in positive thought, and prescription medication. Sounds like you are getting both. Hang in there, our thoughts are with the Wether Clan!

Anonymous said...

We are still praying for you and with you!!! You've got my number if you need to vent, my brother.!!!

Wildman900 & Laddyslady

Christina Rodriguez said...

At last, a ray of hope. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your family.

Bill said...

You will continue to be in our prayers until this has past.

Ruth said...

You and Missweather and girls will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Ruth

Windrider said...

Damn Merri!

I had no idea this was going on.

While I've never been one to pray, I will certainly bow my head for you and yours. Hang in there Brother.

- Windrider

Stu said...

Blast,
Know that I am thinking of the family and you. Wish you all the best. You have my number 24/7 if you need a friend or just want to talk.

MrEarp said...

Blast, still keeping you in our prayers!

Stephen said...

Glad to hear things are improving. Don't worry. Everything will turn out. And remember, for every person who posts, there are ten more who feel the same way. You have good friends here. Use them if you need them.

Anonymous said...

We're still saying prayers for y'all, daily!!! Hang in their Brother, it'll get better as long as y'all can stay positive!!!

Wildman800 & LaddiesLady

texasmufflerman said...

Merriwether, your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting!