Sunday, April 04, 2010

Too far from home.

Our answering machine was flashing with multiple messages when we got home from church this morning. They were from my dad and my brother letting me know my uncle (mom's) brother had passed away sometime last night.

He was a good man and a good uncle. You never knew when he'd toss you a silver dollar (real ones from the 20's and 30's!) just for the heck of it. It doesn't look like I'll make the funeral. Life has a way of getting in the way of death...which I guess in a way is what it's all about.

I'm trying to look at it as a time for celebration. On this holiest and most magnificent of days God has brought home one of His flock. May God give finally give him peace and comfort.

3 comments:

IzzyJG99 said...

Major drag.

kmat said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. Call me if you or the family need anything. Tell your mom we are thinking of her and she is in our prayers.
kmat

Merriwether said...

Thanks guys.