Monday, April 26, 2010

Gang aft agley,

The plan was to tell you about what a wonderful weekend I just had. How Miniwether danced upon the stage saturday, glowing with joy at her second ballet performance. How Sunday was spent in a wonderful 500-mile mad dash up to Dallas and back to teach two edible plant classes and still be home to say goodnight to my girls...

Instead of writing about all that, I think I'm going to sit out on the back porch and drink.

I lost a friend today. More than a friend, he was a father-figure, a mentor, a co-conspirator, a co-worker, a drinking buddy, and a fricken mechanical genius. This morning as he rode his motorcycle into work the driver in front of him decided to slam on his/her truck's brakes.

I'm told my friend died instantly. I choose to believe that.

Now if you'll excuse me I have a bottle of Maker's Mark whiskey into which I shall crawl.

7 comments:

Izzy G. said...

You have my condolences.

Wildcat said...

sorry for your loss man...

J said...

Oh, sweetheart, I am so sorry.

Love you,

J

Bramble said...

***hugs*** & Tylenol

I will keep you and those involved in my prayers.

Brita said...

That sucks. You and your friend's family are in my thoughts.

kmat said...

I am sorry to hear the bad news. Our prayers go out to his friends and family. Call me if you need me.kmat

Jackie said...

my sympathies and prayers...