Sunday, March 21, 2010

One step closer...

Or maybe two?

NatGuard
Left: member of Texas National Guard.
Right: reporter from local NPR radio.

It's been a intense day. I taught another edible plant class at Sedition Books this afternoon but before it I was interviewed by a reporter from the local National Public Radio affiliate KUHF. She had also sort of questions about foraging such as who does it, why has it become popular, where did I learn it, and what seemed like dozens of other questions. Luckily I enjoy talking so it was fun. She also interview a number of the people attending the class starting with the above pictured member of the Texas National Guard. Turns out he came to the class to discuss videotaping me as a training aid for guardsmen/women!! How cool would that be?!!

NPRInterview
Recording Merriwether!

I'll let y'all know when the interview is broadcast. Hopefully there will be a podcast of it available.

Adventure! Excitement! Climbing higher and higher!!!

5 comments:

loner556 said...

Congrats on moving up and here's to hoping that you do work something out with the Nat. Guard.

loner556 said...

Congrats on moving up and here's to hoping that you do work something out with the Nat. Guard.

Bramble said...

Good for the TX Nat'l Guard! Learning to forage can be key to a soldier's survival in any combat situation. Most of our key battles (thinking of Bastogne and Guadalcanal more than, say, Vietnam) were fought with men cut off from supply lines for extended periods of time.

Christina Rodriguez said...

Congrats on the interview! I can't wait to listen to it.

I was interviewed by KUHF once (yes, from all the way up here in MN) about the children's books I illustrated: http://www.christinarodriguez.com/blog/2009/10/5/my-interview-on-houston-public-radio.html. Your local NPR station is so cool, they seemt to report on a wider range of topics than ours does up here.

Izzy G. said...

I'm feelin' the threads, Bro. I'm digging it.