Sunday, February 21, 2010

I had to say "No".

Just got off the phone with the producers of The Colony. They called asking me to audition for the show after one of my plant students told them about me. Apparently the idea of a ruggedly handsome, wonderfully funny, charming, brilliant Ph.D. chemist with an incredible set of post-apocalyptic survival skills and deep knowledge of foraging is just what they wanted on the show. Sadly, I'm already booked up with stuff during the March-May shooting schedule.

I guess you'll just have to continue getting your Merriwether fix here on my blog.

I'm really, really bummed.

Adventure! Excitement! Sadness!

6 comments:

SimonF said...

I don't think you will regret it MW.

TV rarely makes you a better person.

You're a hero to us already ;-)

Brad said...

Still, that would have been COOOOOOL!!!

Mike_H said...

Maybe they'll consider you for the next time...

Or maybe we'll see you on Survivor. LOL...

Lone Star Chris said...

10 weeks without the family, no way. Good choice.

Christina Rodriguez said...

Ah, shoot. You would've been great for the show. Depending on how well this season goes, they may not even bother to cast appropriate people next year, just weenies who'll "get ratings." This is the case with too many reality shows (even Top Chef is getting this way).

Michelle said...

Meh, it looks like they focus on urban survival. You're really more of a post apocalptic suburban survivalist these days.

Besides, you'd be too good at it. Based on the information I've gotten from a friend that was on a reality TV show competition, they don't like it when you are actually good at what you are competing for, apparently it's unbelievable and doesn't make good tv.

But, you really should have asked if they have a position for one or two show experts in something.