Sunday, June 07, 2009

Y'all can now say "I knew him when..."

So last week I received an email from on of the producers over at Houston's TV station KPRC.

YEAH BABY! MERRIWETHER IS GOING TO BE ON TV!!!!!

This coming Tuesday they'll be interviewing me for the "Going Green" portion of their 4pm, 5pm, and 6pm local news broadcast. I won't appear on this Tuesday's news, they are just taping the interview then out at Peckinpaugh Nature Preserve. They'll have to do all that editing and stuff before broadcasting. It might be ready for Wednesday's news, though I'm guessing more like Thursday or Friday. They'll let me know in advance and I'll tell y'all. Then after they run the clip it'll be time for the super-secret, your-eyes-only, ultra-ninja-power plan that only YOU can accomplish.

Here's what I need you to do. Right after they show the interview start flooding KPRC with calls, e-mails, and letters saying you love me and that they should give me my own show. Be truthful (mostly) and honest (somewhat) in your praise of me. Telling them you'll name your first three children after commercial sponsors of KPRC news would not be going overboard...

Just think of the bragging right you'll have! Someday when I'm killed by a lightening bolt while trying to paddle an alligator over a waterfall you be able to tell your friends, "Yeah, I knew him back when he was still a nobody" and then you can just sit at the bar while people buy you drinks as you tell tales of me. Won't that be great?! I get a TV show, you get free booze. That's a win-win deal, folks! Don't let me down.

-Merriwether

Adventure! Excitement! MerriwetherTV!

4 comments:

Shreela said...

Big congrats!

Try to post when your show will be on, so we can support you LOL

Jackie said...

Wow! I am impressed and so proud of you! I will tell KPRC that you can be the next "Eyes of Texas" guy! Except with Adventure! Excitement!

Mike_H said...

Congrats! Definitely deserved!

Izzy G. said...

Awesome. First I get interviewed by a newspaper and now you're on TV. We're on the up and up.