Friday, November 14, 2008

Oh, this will be great!

Please, if you have any sort of humor bone in your body you need to help me out with this. It seems the U.S. government has teamed up with Google to track the spread of the flu. Google will be reporting the locations of heavy searches on flu symptoms (vomiting, headache, fever, etc...) to the Center for Disease Control. By doing this they feel they'll be able to track and respond to flu outbreaks better.

The problem is they told people like me that they'll be monitoring these search terms.

Why is that a problem? Well, no pun intended but I have kind of a sick sense of humor. Ah, who am I kidding...that pun was completely intended!

Here's what I want you to do. On Nov. 19th start doing searches on Google for "flu, vomiting, bleeding from eyes and gums". You search for that and have everyone you know search for that! Imagine the confusion and fear that'll erupt at the Center for Disease Control when they see thousands of searches for those symptoms. Of course, I might end up in federal prison for instigating this, but it would be so funny!

-Merriwether

4 comments:

whatever said...

I am so going to laugh at you when you get in trouble.

That's okay, Blast. If you go to jail I'm going to take all your gear. Also I got first dibs on your truck.

Tom S. said...

Might I suggest something even more interesting?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=masses+of+shambling+undead&aq=f&oq=

clarktx said...

You're right, you in federal prison would be so funny. I can barely imagine the blog posts. oh wait, thats not what you meant I think.

TOJJ said...

Genius.