Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Update from Merriwether!

Hey y'all! Still no power back home. I'm at work (using the term very loosely) today.

It's been an amazingly fun four days. Sure the power is out but all the neighborhood has banded togehter and set up a huge, floating block party. We've been stuffing each other with food from our freezers (Sunday night I ate almost an entire 2lb bag of shrimp). There's a lot of trees down in the neighborhood and some damages to people's roofs. Our house suffered minor damage to the garage door and the trim around the back door, but that's it.

I have a bunch of stories and pictures for you but you'll have to wait a bit longer. I can't upload the pictures to my flickr account from work.

Okay, I really need to crack open my cement cells in the lab and see if my experiment worked. You'll have to wait a bit longer for the complete rundown/picturees of my adventure.

Peace be with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are safe and that the house isn't too bad off. Thanks again to your lovely wife for providing updates during your time "offline".
-Brita