Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike: 3:30pm, 9/12/08

shine.jpg
Shine is hiding.

Misseswether's cat seems to be freaking out. He's running around, jumping up on stuff and wailing at the top of his lungs. Then he takes a nap before starting the hyperactivity over again. Hmmm. I'm thinking this isn't a good sign.

Right after my previous post a neighbor came was frantically pounding on my door in need of help. Turns out he wanted to swap three of his warm beers for three of my cold ones. It's important to have one's priorities straight. It reminds me of last time when Misseswether ended up baking a birthday cake for another neighbor. People know we're prepared.

The news said a 10-year old boy was killed this morning when a tree fell on him. Supposedly his parents were chopping the tree down so the hurricane wouldn't knock it over on to there house. That sucks. I'm really glad all the Wethergirls are safe in California.

The wind is picking up but the rain has stopped. I think I'll go for a walk.

Peace be with you.

-Merriwether

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We don't have hurricane's in Minnesota. AND, you mother lives here. Maybe you should move back. Just a thought.

~Buff

Anonymous said...

Plus, we have poor punctuation skills.

~Me again

Anonymous said...

You are nuts! Too late to get out now. Please be safe. The Weathergirls need their Weatherman!
-Brita