Monday, June 16, 2008

Reprive from the Ordinary, Part 3.

Well, I got the doctor's bill from the Great San Jacinto Horsefly Incident. Including the prescription for the antibiotics it came to just under $240.00 (totally worth it!)

The vet's bill for diagnosing Oz's diabetes and preliminary treatments followed by putting him to sleep cost over $450.00

So, after all that my Father's Day gift was limited to Misseswether letting me sleep late on Sunday and then making me pancakes and two sausage patties. That evening I got to go see the new Indiana Jones movie (very good!), though I had to go by myself because babysitters are kind of pricey. Misseswether stayed home with Mini and Mambo.

Can you tell I'm not in the highest of spirits right now?

Peace be with you.

3 comments:

Izzy G. said...

I watched the new Indy flick online about two weeks ago. I didn't much care for it. Seemed like it was Spielberg and Lucas just making homages to past films for the sake of fanboydom.

Merriwether said...

They were some weak parts, but overall I really enjoyed it. Let's face it, just wandering around in the woods pales in comparasion to fighting commies while trying to find a secret city of gold...

clarktx said...

It might cheer you to know that after my neighbor saw it I immediately said "well, i guess I have to go with Merriwether since my wife will have to stay home with the baby". (My wife got that look on her face.) Anyway, I was thinking about you but I ended up coming to Florida and watching it with the wife while the g'parents babysat.

I thought it was a playful romp. Whats funny to me is that when I talk to people about it, they say "it was a good movie" and then they tear it to shreds because of the unbelievable aspects. But they think its good.

I am pleased they made it, despite its somewhat cloying aspects...