Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Brass Ring Update #2

So, I spent the morning with a video camera and a dream out at the Peckinpaugh Nature Preserve. I was back home by noon then spent the next ten hours editing ninty minutes of tape down to an eight minute, fortyone second masterpeice.

Well, maybe not a masterpeice but hopefully enough Merriwetherness to get me to the next stage of this game. Unfortunately the nation-wide cold snap is even reaching down here so the alligators were staying tucked away asleep in their burrows. Considering it's a $500 fine for disturbing an alligator in Texas, I figured I wait until I have some hotshot Hollywood lawyer backing me before I start digging gators up... But hey, give me a few days and I'll have it up on YouTube.com and you can see moving and talking. Won't that be cool!

Anyway, I just got back from Kinkos/FedEx. My demo DVD is now in the hands of some minimum-wage midnight flunky awaiting the plane to take it to New York. $27.43 will get it to Ms. Rapp's office by 10:30am Friday morning. After that it's just waiting.

I hate waiting unless it's someplace with a decent bar. Unfortunately, company policy forbids running a bar from ones office which seems silly since we have all that un-denatured pure alcohol sitting there in the lab. Sure, the stuff costs an absolute (ha ha) fortune and requires all sorts of paperwork, but I bet it'd make one hell of a tequila sunrise! Oh man, I could go for one of those right now, maybe with a big platter of nachos. If I get this television gig i'm definately going to try and get that written into my contract - after shooting there will be a fresh tequila sunrise and a heaping plate of nachos waiting for me in my dressing...uh, tent. Wouldn't that be the good life?

Adventure! Excitement! Airmail!

6 comments:

BigDaddy said...

I believe you would need to specify what nachos are since it would be highly unlikely you'd be shooting in Texas. I've ordered nachos other places without considering the location and let it be said there are some interesting ideas out there as to what belongs on a nacho.

BigDaddy said...

Oh, and best of luck.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to ya!


Wildcat

Izzy G. said...

Good luck, Mon Frere.

Merriwether the Adventurer said...

Thanks, guys! According to the FedEx tracking my DVD was delivered to NorthSouth Productions at 9:46am this morning (Friday, Feb 15th). Man, right now I feel kind of like the first time I asked a girl on a date!

-Merriwether

Christina E. Rodriguez said...

Tequila, nachos... I like the way your mind works!

Good luck with this, Blast! We're all hoping the best for you!