Monday, January 21, 2008

Piney Woods Primitive Skills Group

Well, the fossil hunting trip fell through do to a rather unpleasent kidney infection suffered by my friend's wife (note to friend: do you have a nickname you want me to use or can I just call you Dr. Enzymizer?). The trip has been rescheduled for next Sunday, but with all the rain forcasted we might push it off farther into the future.

Luckily, I had a past adventure waiting as back-up. No, not something I did already, I mean adventuring like the past. No, not "in the past". I'm talking about adventuring the old fashioned way, like they did 5,000 years ago...

Introducing the Piney Woods Primitive Skills Group!

Remember that debris shelter I found out by Spring Creek? Well, the builder of this shelter has started up a group devoted to learning/teaching skills such as identifing edible plants, fire making, flint knapping, bow making, etc... The leader, ForestMuse, and one other member are graduates of Tom Brown Jr.'s Tracking School along with twenty years of adventuring along the banks of Spring Creek. Better still, they are really funny, nice guys. The plan is to meet two Sunday afternoons each month out at Peckinpaugh Nature Preserveout on Old Riley Fuzzel Road. Hopefully we'll also squeeze in some overnight adventures, too.

Come and join us!

Adventure! Excitement! Replacing football with something much better!

No comments: