Saturday, November 17, 2007

Roads?

Where we're going we don't need roads.
-Dr. Emmett L. Brown

Roads.jpg
What to go for a ride?

Question: What do you get when you cross a town's 100th anniversery with a mad scientist in possesion of a flux capacitor?

HistoryBabes.jpg
Answer: Historical Babes!

So, Friday I got an e-mail from a VIP at the company I work for. She was desperately in need of some people depicting the past one hundred and next one hundred years of Tomball, Texas. It's the town's centenial and she and some of her neighbors were building a float for the town's huge birthday parade. Oh yeah, the parade was Saturday morning. Apparently, tales of my adventures have made it up to the Hallway of Power and she was hoping I might be able to help. I spent a few minutes formulating a plan then e-mailed her back.

Sidenote: If your plan involves accelerating a parade float up to 88 mph, be sure to warn the marching band in front of you first. Those kids playing the tuba aren't know for their nimbleness...

Rocket.jpg
A JATO covered in aluminum foil and glitter is STILL a JATO.

Ah, time travel. I don't know of anything that can lead to more wacky adventures, strange paradoxs, and new verb tenses. Of course, this one was no different. I mean, if that can of paint hadn't be sitting there I might still be locked in a jailhouse in 2107! And don't get me started on the dangers of pre-generational nookie. Trust me, first names are not enough when you rescue a beautiful schoolmarm from a burning barn then end up hiding under a haystack all night while evil desperados are out searching for you. Get her full name! It'll save a lot of ooky feelings later on when you flip through old family photo albums.

But I digress. To make a long story short, the float was loaded with people of different time periods, tuba players can throw their instruments suprisingly far, and hopefully Monday I'll learn if the float won "Best in the Parade". If not, I may have to fire up the time machine again...

Roads1.jpg
Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Adventure! Excitement! Excellent!

2 comments:

Merriwether the Adventurer said...

Update: The float won "Best Civic Float"!

Woo Hoo!!

Chris said...

hope you and the family have a happy Thanksgiving!

-chris