Monday, October 22, 2007

Best Neighbor in the World

Last Thursday my boss walks into my office and asks if I want to go to the Texans-Titans game on Sunday.

HELL YEAH!!!

So, of course being fate's plaything when I get home that evening Mambowether is burning up with a fever. By Saturday night the fever had dropped some but she was still sick with a bad cold. Misseswether was scheduled to teach Miniwether's Sunday school the next day and someone had to stay home with Mambowether.

But, the tickets were to a Luxury Suite!
ticket.jpg

Enter the greatest neighbor ever. I called him at 9pm Saturday night to see if he could babysit sick Mambowether for two hours between me leaving for the game and Mini/Misseswether getting back from church. He immediately said yes.

WOO HOO!!!!

So, 11am Sunday morning I'm walking into Reliant Stadium with my boss, my lab-tech, and a sales rep from a supplier.
RelientStadium.jpg

A private elevator took us up to Suite 107, and three hours of royal treatment.

snackbar.jpg
Neverending supply of nachos, hotdogs, and chicken fingers.

drinkkbar.jpg
Neverending supply of sodas, beer, and hard alcohol.

Actually, they ran out of Crown royal and I had to switch to Jim Beam Black. Of course, by number seven it was a little hard to tell the difference.

sundaybar.jpg
Neverending supply of ice cream and toppings.

cheerleaders1.jpg
Neverending supply of cheerleaders.

Acually, the cheerleaders left pretty quickly. Luckily I was able to figure out how to take pictures through the complimentry binoculars.

cheerleaders2.jpg
Woo hoo!

cheerleaders3.jpg
Woo ho..wait, who the hell is that fat guy and why does he get to stand there?

Ah, sometimes my life can be so very, very good. Free food, drinks, snacks, doodads and lovely-smelling cheerleader hair.

fun.jpg
Happy, happy adventurer!

Oh yeah, there was also what turned out the be the worst football game in the history of football games being played out in front of us. Trust me, both the Texans and the Titans played like drunken leper nuns. Absolutely pathetic.

game1.jpg
Or so I was told afterwards. Let's face it, the suite was too nice to waste time watching the game!

And now the confession: I got a bit drunk at the game. Luckily I wasn't driving, a coworker dumped me out into my lawn after the game. Misseswether was rather unhappy. In fact, so unhappy that after dragging my inside she took the girls, went out shopping...and bought an electric keyboard. One minute I'm surrounded by very lovely cheerleaders and the next I'm laying on my entryway floor being blasted by two kids slamming the keys of an electric piano...

Adventure! Excitement! A Chance To Live Like A Star For A Few Hours!

6 comments:

Chris said...

That's the biggest shit-eating grin I've ever seen.

Merriwether the Adventurer said...

What can I say? It was a VERY good time.

NightHiker said...

Holy Crap! You are one lucky SOB!

Congrats

Mark said...

Heh, I've gotten a few tickets to box seats at the Round Rock Express games , and it's been my experience that I have no idea what the score was or who won, but that I had a great time being catered to in the box, those boxes look way better than the ones we had though!

Love the blog, reminds me that every excursion doesn't have to be for a week!

Merriwether the Adventurer said...

Mark,

Welcome! I'm glad you like my blog. You get to go out on week-long adventures?! I'm so jealous!

Shreela said...

Misseswether FTW ROFL!