Saturday, December 02, 2006

Girls Gone Wild.

Okay, for those of you offended by the title of this post it's just a scientific experiment to see if my blogs visitor count suddenly jumps up. With a title like that I expect to double my number of visitors.

And actually, it wasn't just girls. The total count was five girls, two boys, three dads and one mom having a dirty old time.
otherhalf Half

Really though, what can be better way to spend Saturday afternoon in the Montgomery County Nature Preserve? How about an afternoon there with all your friends, crisp cool air, and no mosquitoes? It was PERFECT. Even the homebody Misseswether had a good time.

The meaning of "Logged On" in the woods:
LoggedOn
Success
See the triangular sandbar to the right of the log? That's quicksand. If she had fallen in it would have been a heck of a time getting her back out. I haven't told Misseswether that yet, she'll learn about it when she reads this.

This is a very good place.
Pretty

Along with Clark, the Clarkettes, and the Clark-cousins we also brought along our neighbor The Actor and his daughter (refered to in this blog as "BEBS" or "Blue-Eyes-Big-Smile"). BEBS was born the same day we got home from China with Miniwether so they've been close ever since. The Actor and his family like to go hiking but they never knew of this patch of nature three minutes from our house. They loved it.

Creek scout
I'd put a clear shot of The Actor's face up, but I'd have to pay him. You'll just have to look at my mug again. Sorry, it's not nearly as nice looking as his.

As usual, I had to look for petrified wood even if we couldn't take it home with us (It's a nature preserve not a nature take-what-you-want). The Clark-cousins had never done this but caught on quickly and pulled up some really pretty peices of the stuff. They also quickly figured out that throwing rocks into the water is a lot of fun. Back when I was young I'd spend all day damming up the creek behind our house, building a small village of mud house down from this dam, then breaking the dam and destroying the village. Oh man, that was so much fun! It may also explain why I didn't date much in high school, but I digress...

All the pretty rocks:
rocks

Meanwhile Miniwether and the Clarkettes enjoyed the sandy beaches of Panther Creek.
MCC

She did stop playing in the sand long enough for use to get this family shot. Miniwether tried really hard to spin the log to toss Misseswether and me into the water. Luckily the log was stuck. Last weekend when Clark and I were out here we had tried to set that same log afloat, but it was too waterlogged and sunk. Heavy rains earlier this week must have pushed it back near the shore.
Family

Life is very, very good.

Adventure! Excitement! Neighbors!

No comments: