Thursday, November 02, 2006

WORD!!!!!

Be still my beating heart, China has sent our adoption referral!! "Microwether" is currently 9 months old and living in an orphange in Guangdong Province, China. She's a big, healthy baby girl who measured in at 16.8 lbs and 26 inches at 6 months (her last check-up).

I won't be posting any pictures of her on this blog until she legally becomes our daughter. This will happen when we travel to China to get her. However, I will e-mail her pictures to those who ask. Trust me though, if you can wait two months(!) you'll see TONS of pictures of her.

China!! China!! China!!

6 comments:

Ursula said...

Greetings from far off NY. Your bud Rome Romano gave me a link to your blog. Congrats on China and Microweather! And the 40% turn away rate achieved on all Hallow's eve. Great blog!

Merriwether the Adventurer said...

Thank you kindly!! Your name rings a bell, have we met (like at Rome/Cella's wedding(s) or has Rome just told us stories of each other?

Michael said...

Wow, exciting news!

Hey, will you pick me up a snow globe when you're in China? ;)

Ursula said...

What a memory! Correct on both fronts, weddings, and stories. :-)

Merriwether the Adventurer said...

Michael,

A snowglobe?! Um, having previous expirence with Chinese baggage handlers can I suggest a less fragile doodad such as a jade pendent or a nice brass dragon? :-)

-Merriwether

Merriwether the Adventurer said...

Christine,

Ah, gotcha. Now I have a face with the name!

Give the Romano's hugs for me when you next see them.

-Merriwether