Sunday, January 22, 2006

Cabin Fever

Aaaarrggghhh!!

I've been working just about all weekend making slides for a class I'll be teaching at work. The tentative title is "Poking Potatoes with Copper and Steel: An Introduction to Corrosion and Its Inhibition"
work
The picture above is my representation on how a quinoline-quat chemisorbs onto the surface of steel using a chloride ion bridge. The electron-dense ring structures bind to the steel and the long tail works like a goalie's hockey stick blocking hydrogen ions from reaching the metal.

My boss will probaly make me change the title. The talk is supposed to be for our customers to teach them how acid corrosion inhibitors work. Acid attack on steel is an electrochemical process, just like in batteries. A potato clock is silly example of how batteries work. See, it all ties together, plus I get to talk about poking food!

I'm really sure my boss will make me change the title.

Meanwhile the whole wide outside is outside taunting me with areas unexplored. Sure, it's raining, cold, and windy but that doesn't matter. There's no such thing as bad weather, only wrong clothing choices. Miniwether and I spent an hour at Gander Mtn last night, but it just made the wanderfoot itch worse. :-(

No Adventure! No Excitement! No Exploration!

No comments: