Friday, June 03, 2005

Power outage


This is fun. The power is out to our facility. Anything made of glass or metal has a layer of condensation on it and only emergency lighting is on. It's about 87F outside right now and is supposed to get up into the high 90's with humidity also above 95%. I can either drop the shades on my windows and work in the dark or let light and a whole lot of heat in with the shades up. I guess it really doesn't matter since the fume hoods are down. Can't run any reactions if there's no power to the safety equipment. The latest announcement stated that the power company will be here in three hours but they didn't say how long it'll actually take to fix the problem.

I'm a little concerned as I need to make copies of a bunch of pawerwork for the Mexico trip. *sigh*

No comments: