Sunday, June 05, 2005

From China to Mexico

The Children's Day event at the Chinese consulate was...entertaining. It really did feel like we we back in China. Awesome food and a hundred people squeezed into a room with no air conditioning. It was neat to see all the kids and Kiki had a blast running and yelling and dancing. She also LOVED the giant dragon.
Dragon

Meanwhile, Mexico. My flight leaves at 7:50am Monday morning, which means I have to be at the airport around 5am which means I should already be in bed. Ugh. I just checked Poza Rica's weather forecast. Tomorrow's heat index is supposed to be 130F. Luckily the humidity will be half of what I'm used to here at home. The thunderstorms originally predicted there for early this week have faded away so that should leave the weather clear to visit the ruins! Adventure! Excitement! Exploration!!

No comments: