Friday, May 27, 2005

Revenge of the Sith


Well, I saw it last night.

Wow.

Those of you who know me know what a fan I am. I enjoyed "The Phantom Menace" (I even liked Jar Jar!). The plot holes in "Attack of the Clones" bothered me and the story itself was somewhat weak, but I enjoy plots inside of plots inside of plots, so it worked for me.

I was concerned about what I was hearing about "Revenge of the Sith", especially the anti-Bush jabs, the horrible dialogue and acting. Well, all that was in there. Obi Wan, Anakin and Pademe had absolutely no chemistry between them. The dialogue sounded like someone's poor idea of how royalty should talk and was so bad that Misseswether covered her ears at points and just watched "the pretty people". Any scene with Natile Portman just ground to a halt.

But then there was the Emperor. He was absolutely spellbinding! You almost expected his body to be composed of slithering eels, he was so EVIL. He rocked. Artoo also showed his plucky fighting spirit in several scenes. I need to get an R2 unit. Yoda was great although very arrogant, and it was a thrill to see Chewbacca again.

So, the acting was bad, the dialogue was bad, but oh my God was the story good!!!! Plots in plots, manipulations, betrayals, and the creation of Darth Vader. Oh man oh man oh man oh man!!!!!! You know what? What happens in "Revenge of the Sith" makes the Luke-triology even better. That makes me very happy.

No comments: